Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More Books

"The Mosquito Syndrome" by James Sperl
I tried to read this and know people who loved this book. I, however cannot get into it.

"The Children of Odin The Book of Northern Myths" by Padraic Colum
Wonderful collection of Norse mythology.

"Angelfall(Penryn and the End of Days)" Susan Ee
I came by this book by chance. Basically angels have returned and turned Earth into a living hell. Penryn is a young woman trying to get her little sister back from the angels who ends up saving, then teaming up with an angel to survive. Very weird to have angels be the bad guys. I wasn't raised believing that angels are different from humans. For me they are human spirits who either haven't been born yet or more perfected humans who have already passed. It is a good story and I hope the sequel comes out soon.

"The Soulkeepers, Book One" By G.P.Ching
YA book, with angel and demons and the belief that some angels interbreed with humans and that their descendants have special gifts and roles to play in saving humanity. I enjoyed it and got the rest of the series.

"Nevermore" by Kelly Creagh
YA book, read it for book club for last October. Spooky tale about a cheerleader and a goth guy. Actually much more complicated than that. Lots of references to Edgar Allen Poe. Good story, great characters, so I got the second book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment